In other words, have my feelings on certain aspects archived and accessible. But as I write the delivery takes better form, and it occurs to me I want in this moment
to reach out to the current community. For in this Gaming & Tech Community I have great regard for the folk I've encountered!
The question: Why do I want nothing to do with the Software Development Industry?
I have unhesitatingly renounced my career as a software developer.
This gesture, has many indications attached, most of which are felt inconclusively by me, and maybe the audience too.
It is a gesture of giving up before succeeding... Or worse, someone incapable of success and simply making vitriolic or cynical excuse.
The gesture could be the swift, impatient movement of someone who's unable to concentrate for long hours, or make the docile sacrifice civilization demands of him, where I'm
urged to interface with a computer screen for long, unsociable hours... ALL so I can develop some product that the end-user will appreciate.
But this product, is only experienced on the most remote and abstract layer of existence, by the time I feel I'm operating on a level I have no assurance thereof.
All these nagging doubts occur to my mind during my delivery and I'm unsure of my conclusions.
SO WITH that said I urge the audience be merciless OR helpful. constructive or destructive, in your retort..
But do not come forth and plead the inability to grasp the coherency of my word, for that is a card so oft played by those who are desperate to suppress or deride someone they find distasteful.
I deliver now THESE questions to the audience here:
1. The majority of software developers and computer technicians have nothing to say on the issue of CryptoCurrency. How is it that people are prepared to confer value on something that is nothing more than unnecessary, wasted CPU time?
2. The tech world says we are now at the apex of our civilization. How come when we purchase a smartphone or hand-held device, that it's riddled with inconsistencies, technical anomalies and overall inadequacy, where within we are urged subsequently to purchase a newer, better version of the same product? A product which shatters upon the first accidental
fall, and is not even a noticeable upgrade from before.
3. Conversely.. How come when you buy an entry level phone, it is never satisfactory in speed, durability and overall capacity. A smartphone made by humanity today is usually lacking in many aspects, and it leaves the end-user feeling unfulfilled.
These phones are never responsive and have a latency of a few seconds where upon the user strikes a key.
4. Why after more than 20 years of industry is the environment still riddled with fear and paranoia, and the population is at risk of sabotage and online crime. How come the issue of criminals & internet abuse, has dissolved into a sensation, and something solved financially.
5. How come the tech industry has nothing to say upon the pointless, stupid notion of inventing self-driving cars? Has it not occurred to them the road is a terrestrial surface, not a railway track? Why can't they see the manpower & resource invested, is incommensurate with the outcome?
6. Finally... - and this be an issue worthy of expansion - How is it that my contemporaries in the computer industry have no insight into what society via the internet have reduced the
music industry to? How is it that these people, who consider themselves the forefront of intellectual inquiry retire home and listen to a SlimShady song, containing lyrics of murder and lurid abuse, and still have recourse to libertine protest unto crime and domestic violence?
That concludes my dithyrambic delivery. Thank you much for your time... I invite all shades and flavours of retort...
For I personally believe that there is something tantamount to the UPL which will unavoidably unfold, and a future not dissimilar to that conveyed in the Terran History.
But I believe the journey there is not glorious, and is riddled with frustration and a toxicity that cannot be remedied by progressive idealists.. or 21st century science / consumerism.
Observe the watchword of Tri-Optimum, the company in System Shock 2. Military - Science - Consumerism. I am not proud of the states of those things in this current age..
So be it!!